Biore

Was browsing through suncare products one fine day at Watsons looking out for Neutrogena Sunblock. I absolutely adore Neutrogena's sunblock for various reasons. With SPF 50+, PA+++ and contains Helioplex® technology but most importantly, it lives up to its claim of giving you the ultra light clean feel. It's non greasy and non sticky. I used to use it on my face and then use Banana Boat sunblock on my body and I would get so irritated because my it leave my body feeling sticky and uncomfortable. So I would highly recommend Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock to anyone.

I've never tried much brands of sunblock other than Banana Boat, Neutrogena and the sample pack of Sun Play so after browsing the shelves of Watsons, I saw this:

Photobucket

A Biore Sunblock for face and it's ideal as a make up base! Double score. Considering that it also has SPF50 and PA+++ I thought why not. Besides, it's the same content (30ml) as Neutrogena sunblock for face and it's almost half the price! (approx RM22 after discount)

Photobucket

It's made in Japan so everything is in Japanese except for the stick on information.
I think I'm falling into the Everything-Japanese-Is-Awesome bandwagon. After 18 years, I finally come to realize and admit not to fall for airbrushed perfection and claims of brand such as Nivea, Loreal etc not that they're not good but simply because us Asian's just have different kind of skin and hair. So the Japanese formulation should suit us better since it is in fact developed specially to suit Asian skin. :)


Back to the Biore sunblock now.
Photobucket
It's a minimalist packaging which is nice. It has a liquid consistency which makes it easy to apply and blend into your face as opposed to the creamier base like Neutrogena's which will require more work blending in. If you don't blend, like I have experienced, you're left with some white streak on your face which is not pretty. :/

Photobucket


Photobucket
Blends in nicely not leaving any white marks. As it says that it's ideal as a make up base, it does in fact leave my skin feeling soft and velvety. I can't say much of it in terms of oil control or making my make up last longer though since I have not used and observed it much yet.

Oh, and as for smell. It does not have any strong fragrance. It smell delightfully light.

I think I need not elaborate more on the importance of wearing sun protection so remember girls, always were sunblock!



1 comments:

Swan.T said...

Oh tell me if it's good after u've used it for awhile Ann! SPF 50++ sounds pretty good. I like the Shu Uemura base I'm using now but it only has SPF 20 something and it's quite expensive so I might switch to another base after I'm done with this one. :)

Post a Comment