DIY: Bleached Denim Jacket

It's been awhile since my last update here at Five Fashion Friends.
This was a DIY project that I've been itching to do for the longest time and I finally got to it about a month ago.


I got this denim jacket at a clothes swap party that a distant relative of mine organized last year. (more like me taking, not swapping. I didn't know it was a clothes swap until before we left the house)

I didn't like the boring dark blue look to this jacket and my fingers were itching.

So what you would need is:
Bleach
Spray Bottle
Rubber gloves




Note: I tried soaking the jacket in a bucket with 1/3 Bleach and 2/3 Water but THAT DOES NOT WORK.

The successful way to do it is just to simply pour the bleach into the spray bottle, spray it all over the jacket and leave it on for 10-20 minutes. Not too long though, you don't want to spoil the jacket.

I hung the jacket with a hanger outside and just sprayed all over.

The final results?


Not too bad ey? :)

Hope this was somewhat helpful!

2 comments:

Swan.T said...

Yeah, it looks a lot better already. :)
You should add studs though, think that'd make it cooler! ;)

AndreaC said...

Oh, that's a really good idea! I'll stud it up when I'm free and post it up after! :D
Thanks, Swan!

Post a Comment