WHAT CAUSES THIS?

I've always been somewhat baffled at why I get these white spot on the fingernails sometimes (on my index finger) At school, I've been told many variations of explanations, mainly from the 'traditional' side of things. Someone told me its due to calcium or vitamin deficiency and someone else told me it's because you're constipated. I find the latter very hard to believe.



In some cases perhaps it is contributed to calcium and vitamin deficiency but simply and more accurately, the cause of this white spot on your nails is due to any trauma to the nail base!

So do take care not to bum into anything if you want to avoid those unsightly white dots on your nails that ruins your otherwise nice and even looking nails. It takes approximately 8 months for your nail to grow from base to tip. Your fingernail also grows faster on your preferred hand meaning if you're a leftie, the nails on your left hand will grow faster, vice versa. Hope this has been slightly informative. Toodles.


7 comments:

Melissa said...

I used to get that all the time too!!! But omg woman! 8 MONTHS TO GROW KE?!?!? interesting information there, I never thought of the time it takes to grow from base to tip.

Lesson learnt : we should not abuse our fingernails lol

NichoLas Tiang said...

Let me give you a tip about girls and their nails... you know how girls like to keep long nails? well, dont let them who do open car doors. Blardy alot of scratches they will leave behind. Yess-sirr-eee! No GOod! :) Rawr.

Melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHA WTF? U just made us sound like cats nick!! =S

NichoLas Tiang said...

Hahah Arent All Women? :P Its just why we call a girl to girl fight, a cat fight! :D Haahhaha nOoob :P

AndreaC said...

Nick the noob! I don't think girls nails are that strong to scratch car paint! Is it? Or has some angry ex-girlfriends of yours abused bumblebee before? :P

Swan.T said...

Or maybe Nick has particularly ganas ex-gfs! Lol. XD

NichoLas Tiang said...

Nooo! My Sisters Are the ones who are Ganas! and my friends... LOL! Andrea too! maybe..

Post a Comment