DIY: Bejewelled Shoulders



The inspiration:



Pictures credited to * p u m p k i n *.
Their Bejewelled Chains selling for RM35 each. It's perfect for spicing up your outfit and giving it some edge. Feeling inspired and since my hand's have been itching for quite awhile now, I attempted to make one of my own.



Some of you might know this but during my early teen days, I went through a beads/DIY craze so till now, I've got lots of left over beads which still come in hands when I'm feeling crafty. So here's how I did mine; (no step by step picture tutorial since it was a spur of a moment thing and I did it while watching tv)



STEP 1: I cut out the bottom of an old pair of black jeans. You can use whatever suits you but I used black jeans because that's what I had lying untouched in my drawers. Just use your own judgment and refer to the original picture to get a rough idea of the shape and size.



STEP 2: Once you've got the base, go crazy customizing it! I used the silver whatever-it-is-called to help make it pop, it was leftovers that I bought last year from Jusco for my scrapbook project. IMO, it gives it a little military-esque vibe. I bought the studs from Petaling Street, RM10 for a packet of 100, faux pearls and chains that I just had lying around. Again, I was only working with whatever I had at home atm, so just go crazy with your design!




This is what I got.

I personally don't dare to go OTT.


STEP 2 1/2: This isn't complete yet. I plan to get pins attached underneath so I can pin them down to any jacket and add fringe details so it'll hang over the shoulders.


Another one of my worries is that the fabric is peeling. Got to figure out how to seal them up so it doesn't keep peeling. So here's what it looks like on a blazer! Btw, the blazer is vintage. Got it from my mum. :) Gotta love the comeback of yesteryear's fashion. Hint: Never throw anything out. ;)




What do you think? Feel free to share your ideas and perhaps some DIY tips. :)

3 comments:

Swan.T said...

Looks cool Ann! I think it'll look even better after you add the fringe! ;) Wish I had the patience to do diy stuff lol XD The only DIY stuff i've ever done are accesories!

AndreaC said...

I can't wait to add the fringe! Need to do some restocking in the craft supplies department.
At least you've done some DIY stuff at all. :)

MuN said...

Haha. I'm no good at DIY things. Especially things that I have to create myself. If I can copy and duplicate, that's different.

Well, good job Ann! =D

Post a Comment