Gold lids, red lips


Today let's talk make-up.
This post assumes you already know the basics of make-up.

But first, as proof, here's what I look like without it.


Here's me with the look we're doing today.



Bangs swept away showing a high forehead. (Tyra calls it a fivehead) and those red lips I love.

As a side-note, I always hated my large forehead (and my eyes... and huge nose for that matter. Lol, no I'm not insecure.) Growing up, boys in particular gave me a hard time. They said I looked bald, and it always reminded me of aliens/martians/eggheads, also I think it makes my face look huge. That's why I always had bangs, even my hairdresser advocates bangs for me to cover my "huge forehead".

However, its regarded as "beautiful" in high fashion. So, taking a note from high-fashion in making the ugly beautiful, I try I try.


It's important that we all have well-shaped eyebrows, and a clean face to start with. Your face is your canvas, your paper, so before everything else, let it be moisturized, even-toned, and pimple-free. Facials are important and an integral part of grooming patterns, like getting your hair-cut.



For this look, I used:

1. The Body Shop brow definer
2. Kate "deep eyes" palette in shades of Bronze and Gold.
3. MAC powerpoint eyeliner (Crayon) in charcoal black
4.MAC zoom lash
5. Standard drugstore eyelash curler and the bodyshop eyelid brush
6. Stage lipstick 05 (Racy)

(I usually apply blushers and cheek tints, but I went without it because the goal today is one striking hue of red, and minimalist everything else. I also usually O-D on the eyeliner, but again, today I held it off.)

SO OKAY!
Let's get started!

After applying foundation, concealer (if necessary) and doing your brows...
hold up your palette, and use the light-gold section on the far right as the base.

Be sure to cover the entire lid, and additionally on the browbone. I also use it under my lids, and in the inner corner of my eyes. Basically the whole thing.
Next, use the bronze (the largest midsection portion) as a shading in the socket. All eyes have this socket, push your brush deep into the nook of your eye here. This creates depth or a "shadow".
In addition to the socket, I create a "V" at the ends of my eyes with the same Bronze shadowing. The "V" pulls the color together so that it does not look awkward (As if the shadowing is only at one part)

After that, we must highlight. So taking the silvery-gold portion of the palette (the smallest section), apply it in the middle of your lids, where you'd imagine your eyeballs to be, in that exact amount of an eyeball.

Then take the dark green and line your lids to the desired shape (as an eyeliner). And the dark brown for the under-eye.

I like to apply eyeliners under the eyelash because without, there seems to be a gap of un-applied liner between my lashes. So I do that. Its not scary trust me. You will not gouge out your eyes. Well, unless you're retarded.

Then curl your lashes, and apply mascara.

I like to curl my lashes at an angle, like so:
I do this because my lashes are a little retarded, I have to tilt the handle upwards after curling so that it curls more seamlessly and the curls don't look awkward. But, that's just my eyes.

Then my favourite part, slather on the red rouge!
I give my lips a dap with tissue paper because the red is a little too red for me sometimes. I dab once over, then another time. (twice)

after that, I slather on a gloss. Any gloss of your choice.

And after that, YOU'RE DONE!



Here are camwhore shots of the end result.

Remember, this is what I used to look like.

Here's now:



End!
Thank you very much.


XOXO,
your favourite guestblogger.



p.s. I do not particularly like the first and last picture of my camwhore shots.

1 comments:

Swan.T said...

Awesome makeup skills as always Wee! You look really good. :D

Post a Comment