I hart Nerds.

What fashion really is about, is just simply expressionism.
Its telling the world a story, its portraying an emotion . . .
Fashion is art, with a no greater canvas than yourself. Its not so much the clothes or the expensive price tags. Its found in something as simple as henna tattoos


or drawn on images on cheap white shoes.



Fashion is putting streaks in your hair, and home-made bracelets with your favorite emblem.


Sure we all want the fancy stuff, but the simplest things can be the most delicious. Like a cheeseburger or char koay teow in contrast with the Kobe and Wagyu's of the world.

Maybe that's why I love it so much.
I find inspiration in so many things in the world, but today, stepping away from my first post of the grunge, bedlam, Harlem arena. We talk nerdom.

It was Nerd day in Uni today.


Hee! Don't mind the socket.


I find the day called for the standard get-up - the pleated skirt, glasses, tie and white button-down shirt. But I threw on a vest from Dorothy Perkins, those self-drawn white shoes, and my favourite leather brown bag, and called it a day.

Thank our photographer Ea, for capturing the above pictures of me.
hee hee hee sorry Ea!

Get this, they were all candids. Imagine that! Me looking decent, without having to pose for a single one of them! What happened was simply Ea talking to me, me scratching my head wondering just how to pose without coming off retarded, and her asking me to smile.
That's how good she is.

But of course she also managed to take this.
Sigh model fail.

p.s. The tie is really dark green up close. I find mismatching your tones also one to look out for.
p.p.s yes, the get-up isn't that creative, the point really was making themes like 'nerd day' your own. Putting it into your context. In my case, the Jowee interpretation of nerdiness that works for me. Find your favourite styles and make it your own.

;)

1 comments:

Swan.T said...

I like your nerd outfit whey!! Geek chic! ;)

Post a Comment